What’s Sunday Night Football without a plate of wings to eat while you watch the game? Boneless or not, barbecue or buffalo (and always served with ranch), these fried little pieces of chicken are as delectable as they are convenient. Available at almost any dining establishment on Long Island, it definitely must have been hard for Long Islanders to choose the best. You must make sure you try the Best Wings on Long Island, because we can assure that you won’t regret it.
2018: Long Islanders Voted Vito’s Ristorante Best Wings on Long Island!
Vito's Ristorante & Pizzeria
91 Forest Avenue
Glen Cove, N.Y. 11542
(516) 759-1366 – vitospizzany.com
Long Islanders love Buffalo wings, and nobody on the island does them better than Vito’s Ristorante & Pizza. We’re talking serious heat if you order them extra spicy. If you’re not brave enough, Vito’s wings also come in medium and mild; a perfect choice for parties, game day, or dinnertime – no matter your spice tolerance! If you’re still hungry after wings, Vito’s has a pizza with your name on it, as well as Italian-American classics from pasta to chicken, veal, and seafood. The family-friendly restaurant reflects the old-world values of the Sicilian immigrants whose son took over the family business and opened Vito’s to share these traditional recipes with you.
2017: Long Islanders Voted Spiro's Restaurant & Lounge Best Wings on Long Island
Spiro's Restaurant & Lounge 4 Patchogue Dr., Rocky Point. 631-744-4100. spiroslounge.com If you’ve never had any of the wings at Spiro’s Restaurant & Lounge, then you are really missing out! Not only is the meat fresh, but they are carefully fried and slathered in delicious sauce that will wake up your taste buds and put a smile on your face upon the very first bite! Known for serving excellent Greek cuisine, you’ll fall in love with not only the wings at Spiro’s, but also the rest of the menu items, and its extraordinary staff! It’s no wonder they’ve been voted the best on more than one occasion! National Winner: Buffalo Wild Wings Multiple Locations. buffalowildwings.com You don’t think about wings without thinking about Buffalo Wild Wings, and there’s good reasons for that! Buffalo Wild Wings specializes in making the most tender, juicy, hot wings that will make your mouth water just from its sheer aroma! You have the choice of traditional wings to boneless wings, but you simply cannot go wrong with either one. Plus, with 16 different sauces to choose from, going to Buffalo Wild Wings is officially like going to chicken-wing heaven! Yummy!
2016: Long Islanders Voted Spiro’s Restaurant & Lounge Best Wings on Long Island
Spiro’s Restaurant & Lounge 4 Patchogue Dr., Rocky Point. 631-744-4100. spiroslounge.com There are several key elements to a truly fantastic wing. First, the meat: It must be fresh, plump, and juicy. Second, the texture: Those lil babes must be fried to crispy perfection. Third, and arguably, most significant, the sauce: It must be lights-out magnificent, no matter what your tongue’s temperature tolerance. Spiro’s, known throughout Long Island for absolutely exceptional Greek cuisine, also knows a thing or two about how to make mean (and uber-tasty) wings. It is impossible to have just one! Some Malamatina to wash her down, waiter? Surely! National Winner: Buffalo Wild Wings Multiple Locations. buffalowildwings.com It’s tough to beat the exuberant glory of biting into a quality hot wing. First, there’s the texture: tender and moist, completely coated in hot sauce. Then, there’s the sauce itself–mild, hot or inferno! Buffalo Wild Wings serves traditional or boneless wings drenched in a choice of nearly two dozen signature sauces and dry seasonings! From Salt & Vinegar to Reformulated Blazin, they’ve got the flavors and spices you need, whatever you can handle!
Aged steaks and seafood prepared by chef-owner Spiro Karachopan share the spotlight at this “fun”, upscale Rocky Point hangout, a vibrant scene brightened by colorful artwork and “service with a smile”; “smart mixologists” stir up “amazing” cocktails – most notably an “unparalleled selection of martinis” – during “bargain happy hours”, assuring the bar scene is “always packed”
Happy Hour 7 Days a Week, Twice a Day Sunday to Thursday 2-6 Friday & Saturday 2-5 and Every Night 9-12
2015: Long Islanders Voted Chicken Sensation Best Wings on Long Island!
Chicken Sensation 145 Levittown Pkwy., Hicksville. 516-939-2244. chickensensationli.com People are either adamant about their wings, or, not so much. Those who do love these scrumptious, finger-lickin’-good morsels of fresh, juicy white meat coated in their favorite BBQ or hot sauce take pride in knowing where the best ones reside, and Long Islanders, with Chicken Sensation seizing this prestigious crown, have now made that a whole lot easier!
2014: Long Islanders Voted Croxley’s Ale House & Eatery Best Wings on Long Island!
1. Croxley’s Ale House & Eatery Multiple Locations. croxley.com 2. TR’s Great American Pub 17 Hillside Ave., Willliston Park. 516-294-1680. trspub.com 3. Wings Plus 16 Haven Ave., Port Washington. 516-767-9647. wingsplusny.com NATIONAL Buffalo Wild Wings Multiple Locations. buffalowildwings.com
2013: Long Islanders Voted Croxley’s Ale House & Eatery Best Wings on Long Island!
1. Croxley’s Ale House & Eatery Multiple Locations. www.croxley.com 2. Even Flow Bar and Grill 150 E. Main St., Bay Shore. 631-665-9696. www.evenflowbarandgrill.com 3. TR’s Great American Pub 17 Hillside Ave., Williston Park. 516-294-1680. www.trspub.com
2012: Long Islanders Voted Croxley’s Ale House in Farmingdale Best Wings on Long Island!
1. Croxley’s Ale House 190 Main St., Farmingdale. 516-293-7700. www.croxley.com 2. Even Flow Bar and Grill 150 E. Main St., Bay Shore. 631-665-9696. www.evenflowbarandgrill.com 3. Wings Plus 16 Haven Ave., Port Washington. 516-767-9647. www.wingsplusny.com NATIONAL Buffalo Wild Wings Multiple Locations. www.buffalowildwings.com
2011: Long Islanders Voted Just Wing It in Long Beach Best Wings on Long Island!
1. Just Wing It 18 E. Park Ave., Long Beach. 516-889-WING. www.justwingit.org 2. Croxley Ale House Multiple locations. www.croxley.com 3. Wings Plus 16 Haven Ave., Port Washington. 516-767-9647.www.wingsplusny.com NATIONAL Buffalo Wild Wings Multiple locations. www.buffalowildwings.com
2010: Long Islanders voted Croxley Ales Best Wings on Long Island!
1. Croxley Ales Multiple locations www.croxley.com 2. Wings Over Farmingdale 221 Main St., Farmingdale. 516-756-9464. www.wingsover.com 3. Wing Zone 1860 Front St., East Meadow. 516-833-9464. www.wingzone.com NATIONAL Hooters Multiple locations. www.hooters.com