Best All-You-Can-Eat on Long Island

by Best Of Long Island on January 6, 2010

There’s something comforting about All You Can Eat buffets on Long Island. It’s not just the perception of a good deal or the sheer variety of offerings. It’s like raiding the kitchen at home, or our fantasy of what home should be. After a day filled with hundreds of little decisions, we can have it all and all we want. And we want the best.

Long Islanders Voted Old Country Buffet In Levittown and Bay Shore The Best All-You-Can-Eat On Long Island!

Old Country Buffet
1701 Sunrise Hwy
Bay Shore
631-969-3943

3023 Hempstead Tpke.
Levittown
516-731-4533
www.oldcountrybuffet.com

Buffet restaurants are more commonplace in other parts of the country, but this chain provides one of the best spreads on LI, whether it’s breakfast, replete with fluffy eggs, crisp bacon and stacks of pancakes, or lunch and dinner, with dozens of hot entrees. Just belly up to the buffet, load your plate with hot fried chicken, pasta or maybe some beef stew and delight in the sheer volume of it all.

2nd Place – Minado 219 Glen Cove Rd., Carle Place. 516-294-9541. www.minado.com

This ultimate sushi buffet features 30 selections of different sushi and sashimi. The meals are commonly artfully prepared. Their most traditional and contemporary foods include: yakisoba, beef and chicken teriyaki and tempura. Seafoods that are also offered are jumbo shrimp and oysters, along with salads and desserts.

3rd Place – DJ’s International Buffet 1100 Stewart Ave., Garden City. 516-227-2472.

This buffet is very versatile with an array of food. This location is known for shrimp, sushi, crab legs, spare ribs, lamb chops and Italian rainbow cookies.

Directions to Old Country Buffet In Bay Shore:

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

ian March 5, 2010 at 11:34 am

i have been to old country buffet in levittown from brunch and the food quality is pretty bad, if you want quantity not quality this is your place-

mike March 11, 2010 at 10:25 am

you must be joking

JJ April 20, 2010 at 1:48 pm

I totally agree Ian!! I went there once (bayshore) and never went back!! The price is right but your paying for greassy crap!!

Dale May 3, 2010 at 6:20 pm

I’m with Ian & JJ…In fact, every year, I take my son (Levittown) & we try again, hoping things w/be better. The price is right there are lots of choices, and the kids w/probably be fine with the quality, but for adults, it’s really Grade C. Sometimes they run out of the “good stuff,” like the carving stations.

richie g May 6, 2010 at 7:36 pm

did u ever see the size of the people that eat there………….holy christmas i wouldnt want to be on the same elevator as them

Denise B. July 28, 2010 at 8:49 pm

If this is the best all-you-can-eat buffet they can come up with, I think I will forgo any buffets out here. There are some things like their fried chicken that’s not too bad; but, then, there are things like their macaroni and cheese which is just one big soupy, flavorless slop which are horrible. As far as buffet chains go, the best is Golden Corral; and it’s too bad there isn’t one of those on Long Island.

adenosin June 18, 2011 at 5:42 pm

The food was good on the several visits I’ve had in the past, until my last visit when a customer decided the she would change her infants diaper at the dinner table… and after I asker her to please take care of her child’s personal needs in the rest room she told me to ” mind my own business ”
I think now that one inconsiderate person has ruined this restaurant for many people the night.

Lee Birnbaum December 3, 2011 at 3:31 pm

P.S. FYI –look to the coupon cliper (http://couponclipper.com) for coupons to many of these buffets.
For example, $2 off at DJ’s or Century

Lee Birnbaum October 17, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Having been a year since I last posted, I figured I would add another 2 cents of opinions…
1st, totally agree. Old Country Buffet is bulk food, nothing special.
The other 2 places mentioned (Minados and DJ’s) are better, but different markets.
Minados is expensive, Japanese, and high quality (for buffet).
DJ’s is fairly inexpensive, and not bad for the money.

Other choices I like better include: (Some LI and some Queens, close to LI)
* Centry Super Buffet on Hillside Ave (Better when lobster is in season and they have it in the buffet). Price is reasonable for the quality and loads of seafood. ook for $2 off coupons on their website.
* Best Buffet in Huntington Station.
Hugh selection of good food, such as all sorts of crab and seafood, prime rib, other steaks and grilled meats, much much more (certainly blows away the 3 mentioned int he article).
Go on weekends for lobster included int he buffet (also costs about $8 more on lobster weekends though).
But look for 10% off coupons on the web.
* Harvest Buffet in Great next/queens boarder on northern blvd.
Asian. Higher end and priced, but excellent.
* East Buffet in Flushing main st.
Asian hotpot and sushi.
Not being a raw fish eater, I get the sushi/sushimi and cook it int he hot pot (which they may not appreciate, but no ones ever said anything… lol)
* LVI Bistro in Locust Valley
Tues nights only. Great American fare for $19.
Just went yesterday. Buffet included home made pasta with fresh in shell clams, carved turkey, carved roast lamb, curry chicken, sword fish, lamb shank, and much more.
Very quaint place with family atnosphere – nothing like the big commercial hectic buffets.
Really a nice find and great place to go with the whole family for a meal get together.

Your thoughts?