As much as Long Islanders love fast food, it’s important to keep that all in moderation. That’s where health food comes in. And even though some may cringe at the word ‘health’, many places on Long Island have perfected the art of making healthy food just as, even if not more, tastier than that greasy heart-attack-on-a-bun you love so much. When you feel like being good, try the Best Health Food on Long Island and you might just ditch fast food altogether.
2018: Long Islanders Voted Trader Joe’s Best Health Food Store on Long Island!
Long Islanders know that Trader Joe’s is the place to shop for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The nationwide supermarket chain with seven Long Island locations is your home for affordable groceries, meat, and produce. Read the label on a Trader Joe’s product and you’ll find wholesome ingredients that you’ll feel comfortable serving to your family. With its famed wood-paneled stores and staff in Hawaiian shirts, Trader Joe’s is a fun place to shop. It’s no wonder that Long Islanders who aim to eat healthy visit Trader Joe’s, which also features plenty of products for kosher or vegan diets.
2017: Long Islanders Voted Cornucopia Natural Foods Best Health Food Store on Long Island
Cornucopia Natural Foods 39 N. Main St., Sayville. 631-589-9579. cornucopiahealthfoods.com Established in 1976, Cornucopia Natural Foods is dedicated to providing Long Islanders with organic, non-GMO foods that are good for you, and taste good. With a variety a food items included on the menu, from salads and burgers (yes, you read that right—burgers!) to smoothies and desserts, and a staff that really care for the health of their customers, we can see why Cornucopia Natural Foods has been voted the Best Health Food Store on Long Island more than once! National Winner: Trader Joe’s Multiple Locations. traderjoes.com If you have never been to Trader Joe’s before, you don’t know what you are missing! Well, we’re going to tell you! There’s such a wide range of food options to choose from. With an assortment of groceries, produce, cheeses, and gluten-free, vegan and kosher items, as well as other awesome products, this health food store is the only one you'll need to visit to get all your food shopping done! Plus, with multiple locations on Long Island, such as Garden City, Oceanside, Merrick, Commack, and Lake Grove, there’s probably one right around the corner from you!
2016: Long Islanders Voted Fairway Market Best Health Food Store on Long Island
Fairway Market Multiple Locations. fairwaymarket.com Freshly picked organic fruits and vegetables are just some of the countless health food possibilities at this mega-supermarket that prides itself on high-quality groceries and exceptional variety. Fresh poultry, meats and seafood? Yup. Fairway even makes it easy for the busiest Long Islanders to eat healthy, offering hundreds of prepared food items ready to go so that life doesn’t have to come between you and your health! Fairway’s “On Our Plate” blog also offers health-conscious recipes, tips and meal ideas to keep the whole family on a healthy path! National Winner: Trader Joe’s Multiple Locations. traderjoes.com Freshly baked goods, groceries, cheeses, produce and sweets—Trader Joe’s has got it all, including a wide range of vegan, kosher and gluten-free products. “Healthy” is the key word here, with so many healthy choices to choose from you’ll need two carts to wheel out all the good stuff! Another key word is “Value.” Trader Joe’s buys directly from suppliers and pass the savings onto customers, so you might say TJ’s is healthy for you and your wallet!
2015: Long Islanders Voted Sherry’s Healthy Gourmet Best Health Food Store on Long Island!
Sherry’s Healthy Gourmet 89 Deer Park Ave., Babylon. 631-661-5552. sherryshealth.com From fresh organic produce to Java Logs (firelogs made from recycled coffee grounds), probiotics and a countless array of healthy and health-related products and foodstuffs, Sherry’s Healthy Gourmet is a marketplace with one mission in mind: providing the very best, high-quality health food to keep you and your family looking and feeling great! Have a question? Ask their friendly, knowledgeable staff! They’ve got all the answers, along with everything you need to stay healthy! National. Trader Joe’s Multiple Locations. traderjoes.com You won’t find a lot of branded items at Trader Joe’s. Instead, you’ll find unconventional and interesting products as well as everyday basics that are organic and oh-so-fresh. Offering gluten-free, kosher and vegan products as well as too many healthy other food products to list here, Trader Joe’s is synonymous with high-quality and variety. Just ask any one of their smiling, Hawaiian shirt-clad staff. They’ll treat you right!
2014: Long Islanders Voted CornUcopia Natural Foods in Sayville Best Health Food Store on Long Island!
1. CornUcopia Natural Foods 39 N. Main St., Sayville. 631-589-9578. cornucopiahealthfoods.com 2. Sherry’s Healthy Gourmet 89 Deer Park Ave., Babylon. 631-661-5552. sherryshealth.com 3. Wild Flours Bake Shop 11 New St., Huntington. 631-923-1090. wildfloursbakeshop.com NATIONAL Trader Joe’s Multiple Locations. traderjoes.com
2013: Long Islanders Voted Fairway Market Best Health Food on Long Island!
1. Fairway Market Multiple Locations. www.fairwaymarket.com 2. Sherry’s Healthy Gourmet 89 Deer Park Ave., Babylon Village. 631-661-5552. www.sherryshealth.com 3. Cornucopia Natural Foods 39 N. Main St., Sayville. 631-589-9579. www.cornucopiahealthfoods.com NATIONAL Trader Joe’s Multiple Locations. www.traderjoes.com
2012: Long Islanders Voted Fairway Best Health Food on Long Island!
1. Fairway Multiple Locations. www.fairwaymarket.com 2. Juice It Up Multiple Locations. www.juiceitup.com 3. Wild By Nature Multiple Locations. www.wildnature.com NATIONAL Trader Joe’s Multiple Locations. www.traderjoes.com
2011: Long Islanders Voted Wild By Nature Market Best Healthy Food Store on Long Island!
1. Wild By Nature Market Multiple Locations. www.wildnature.com 2. The Healthy Eatery 356 Jericho Tpke, Syosset. 516-496-3344; 1163 Wantagh Ave., Wantagh. 516-409-0545. www.thehealthyeatery.com 3. Sherry’s Healthy Gourmet 89 Deer Park Ave., Babylon Village. 631-661-5552. www.sherryshealth.com NATIONAL Trader Joe’s Multiple Locations. www.traderjoes.com
2010: Long Islanders Voted Wild By Nature Market in Huntington Best Health Food on Long Island!
1. Wild By Nature Market 369 W. Main St., Huntington. 631-424-6480. www.wildnature.com 2. Sherry’s The Healthy Gourmet 89 Deer Park Ave., Babylon. 631-661-5552. www.sherryshealth.com 3. Rising Tide 42 Forest Ave., Glen Cove. 516-676-7895. www.risingtidemarket.com NATIONAL Trader Joe’s Multiple locations. www.traderjoes.com