Now there’s pizza, and then there’s pizza. Exciting, right? Just when you thought pizza couldn’t get any better on Long Island, it just did with all of the specialty pies out there. And we’re not talking about pizza with just a few toppings thrown on, we’re talking about pizza with the works. Multiple kinds of meats, several different cheeses, stuffed crusts. These are super pizzas. So if you’re feeling extra special, grab a pie of the Best Specialty Pizza on Long Island to share with your family or your friends (or keep it to yourself…we won’t judge you).
2018: Long Islanders Voted Saverio’s Pizza Room Best Specialty Pizza on Long Island!
Saverio’s Authentic Pizza Napoletana
929 N. Broadway, Massapequa, N.Y.
(516) 799-0091. saveriospizza.com
For the best wood fired specialty pizza on Long Island, Saverio’s serves up authentic Neapolitan pizza every time. Owner Saverio is a certified pizzaiolo of the Associazione Pizzaiuoli Napoletani and all their pizzas are made according to Neapolitan tradition. This modest storefront and extension of A&S Pork Store, is home to mouthwatering pizza. Once you try Saverio’s it will quickly become one of your favorite restaurants! The owners and staff are friendly, and they use quality ingredients, including buffalo-milk mozzarella and San Marzano D.O.P. tomatoes imported from Naples. All pizzas are drizzled with 100% Italian extra-virgin olive oil and then baked to perfection.
2017: Long Islanders Voted Vito’s Ristorante & Pizzeria Best Specialty Pizza on Long Island
Vito’s Ristorante & Pizzeria 91 Forest Ave., Glen Cove. 516-759-1366. vitospizzany.com Although standard, 18-inch and Sicilian pies are great options when looking to have a pizza night with your family or friends, sometimes you may be in the mood for something a little different. Luckily, Vito’s Ristorante and Pizzeria offers a slew of specialty pizzas, so that every time you want to chow down these Italian masterpieces, it will be an entirely new experience. From bruschetta and taco pizzas to chicken alla vodka and chicken parmigiana pizzas, you won’t know where to start!
2016: Long Islanders Voted Fattusco’s Gourmet Best Specialty Pizza on Long Island
Fattusco’s Gourmet 1019 Fort Salonga Rd., Northport. 631-651-9777. fattusco.com With nearly two dozen insanely magnificent specialty pizza pies to choose from–including the savory, self-explanatory General Tso Chicken Pizza and uber-dreamy Nutella Dessert Pizza (yes, slathered in nutella and cannoli cream)—Fattusco’s prides itself on using “only the finest and freshest ingredients” and a healthy dose of imagination. These hybrid beauties redefine everything a solid pizza is or could ever hope to aspire to be.
2015: Long Islanders Voted Gino’s Massapequa – Grandma Slice Best Specialty Pizza on Long Island!
Gino’s Massapequa – Grandma Slice 5159 Merrick Rd., Massapequa. 516-798-0003. ginostuscany.com Chicken Marsala, baked ziti or lasagna—it’s tough to beat a quality slice of pizza, loaded to the crust with delicious add-ons. Long Island voters are partial to the Grandma slice at Gino’s in Massapequa, for good reason. A square slice made with a sweet, slow-cooked red sauce and oozing with flavor, this Grandma slice is a cut above the rest and one that would make your own Nana proud!
2014: Long Islanders voted Gino’s Massapequa – Grandma Slice in Massapequa Best Specialty Pizza on Long Island!
1. Gino’s Massapequa – Grandma Slice 5159 Merrick Rd., Massapequa. 516-798-0003. ginostuscany.com 2. Vincent’s Clam Bar – White Pizza with Sausage 179 Old Country Rd., Carle Place. 516-742-4577. vincentsclambar.com 3. Fattusco’s Pizzeria – Balsamic Portabella Mushroom Slice 1019 Fort Salonga Rd., Fort Salonga. 631-651-9777. fattuscos.com
2013: Long Islanders Voted Vincent’s Clam Bar’s White Pizza with Sausage in Carle Place Best Specialty Pizza on Long Island!
1. Vincent’s Clam Bar – White Pizza with Sausage 179 Old Country Rd., Carle Place. 516-742-4577. www.vincentsclambar.com 2. Eddie’s – Thin Crust Shrimp Pie 2048 Hillside Ave., New Hyde Park. 516-354-9780. www.eddiespizzany.com 3. Ciro’s Pizza – Chicken Parmesan Slice Multiple Locations. www.cirosofeastmeadow.com, www.cirospizza
2012: Long Islanders Voted Vincent’s Clam Bar in Carle Place Best Specialty Pizza on Long Island!
1. Vincent’s Clam Bar—White Pizza with Sausage 179 Old Country Rd., Carle Place. 516-742-4577. www.vinctentsclambar.com 2. Gino’s of Tuscany—Grandma Slice 5159 Merrick Rd., Massapequa Park. 516-798-0003. www.GinosTuscany.com 3. Mamma Lombardi’s—Brooklyn Slice 400 Furrows Rd., Holbrook. 631-737-0774. www.MammaLombardis.com
2011: Long Islanders Voted Ciro’s Pizza’s Chicken Parmigiana Slice in Smithtown Best Specialty Pizza on Long Island!
1. Ciro’s Pizza/Chicken Parmigiana Slice 546 Smithtown Bypass, Smithtown. 631-724-5745. www.cirospizzany.com 2. Vincent’s Clam Bar/White Clam Pizza Slice 179 Old Country Rd., Carle Place. 516-742-4577. www.vincentsclambar.com 3. Gino’s Tuscany Restaurant & Pizzeria, Massapequa Park/Grandma Slice 5159 Merrick Rd., Massapequa Park. 516-798-0003. www.ginostuscany.com
2010: Mamma Lombardi’s in Holbrook Won Best Specialty Pizza on Long Island!
1. Mamma Lombardi’s – Brooklyn Slice 400 Furrows Rd., Holbrook. 631-737-0774. www.mammalombardis.com 2. Branchinelli’s – Special Slice 555 Rte. 111, Hauppauge. 631-724-6663. 3. Porto Fino – Lasagna Slice 3355 Hempstead Tpke., Levittown. 516-579-3400.